|Full time employment
|Implementation Team Lead
|Telecommunication & IT
Cable Leafs has been delivering Telecommunication and Information Technology services for over 9 years. Our services range from design, install, maintain, decommission, and manage flexible, comprehensive telecommunications and IT infrastructures for our customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion is one of our core values. Career growth and development is another core. Welcoming and fun environment is an asset for sustainable career journey.
We require a very detail oriented, self-motivated, professional to join our Implementation team who is passionate to learn and deliver.
Major Responsibilities of the Position:
- Install, maintain/repair, remove, rearrange, program, test and troubleshoot residential/small business products and services, including but not limited to POTS, HSI, Networking and fiber from the cross-connect or serving terminal into the customer’s premise.
- Complete various splicing connections on new and existing cable, fiber, wire and connects wires and cables to terminals and attach/detach various kinds of hardware to wires and cables. installing/maintaining/repairing inside wiring and jacks.
- Utilizes hand tools, power tools and specialty tools, including test equipment (i.e., VFL, ONX, OTDR) and/or laptop computer to install or repair and confirm product/service functioning properly, to troubleshoot and take appropriate action, and/or to coordinate repair and service issues with the applicable test center or other designated employees.
- Read and interpret customer service orders, repair tickets, drawings, maps, blueprints, diagrams, etc., and perform specified work.
- Receive service orders and repair tickets from supervisor or other designated employees and performs specified work.
- Complete designated amount of work in a specified timeframe with a high degree of quality, adjusting work assignments or schedules to meet changing work-related priorities or demands.
- Interact with customers professionally and courteously via telephone and on the premises. Review and discuss service order requirements with customers, evaluating customers’ needs in addition to recognizing and suggesting additional/alternative services as appropriate.
- Confirm/update ticket, or services ordered, respond to questions on features, usages, applications, capabilities of equipment and services. Test equipment, lines and services to verify proper installation and/or repair.
- Work well with others to achieve common goals and to foster a cooperative climate, as well as works independently in the field with little supervision.
- Uses laptop for various purposes, including but not limited to: checking email, reviewing ticket or circuit information, running test routines.
- Work with telecom color-coded wires and cables. Work with basic electricity, as it relates to telecommunications.
- Installing equipment, running, and pulling cable, programming and calibrating equipment while adhering to codes, regulations, and standards
- Testing equipment and connections and identifying and correcting any issues with remote support from network administrator
- Maintaining accurate records through documenting installations, services, and repairs is a must
- Maintaining a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies
- Must be able to work full time, and “on-call” as needed, which may include nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
- Must be able to lift and/or move to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance and climb ladders up to 40 feet in length
- Previous experience with providing power meter results including documentation
- Experience using single fiber fusion sets, ribbon fiber splicing, live fiber identifiers, ribbonizing techniques
- Proficient in fiber cable termination with connectors, a variety of connector types
- Experience with all types of fiber closures such as PLP Armadillo, PLP Dome, PLP coyote Runts and Tyco 400 or 450 series
- Experience with working in live fiber closures
- Knowledge of work area protection and safe work practices, electrical safety awareness and fall protection
- Familiar with working in confined spaces or manholes
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Canadian telecommunication Company
- Minimum of five years of hand on experience in the field
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Proficient with Telephony and Networking, inclusive of copper, CAT 5/6, and fiber optic wiring
- Extensive knowledge of Fiber optics, fiber splicing, OTDR, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. The willingness and ability to travel to various customer sites daily with the potential for overnight trips
- Self-starter with high attention to detail
- Capable of working independently and within a team.
- Strong communication and coordination skills to interact with team members and clients.
- Fluent in English - verbal and written.
Working hours & location
- Monday to Friday (9:00am – 5:00pm) when there is no field work
- Must be able to work full time, and “on-call” as needed, which may include nights, weekends, overtime on team lead’s approval and holidays, as required Ontario wide.
- Competitive annual salary for the right candidate
- Private health insurance including dental, vision and life insurance
- Mobile phone and mileage allowance or car for customers visits
- Paid vacation and statuary Holidays. Increased with seniority (10, 15, 20, etc.)
- Paid sick leave or PTO. Increased with seniority (2, 4, 6, etc.)
* Email your resume and cover letter to Career@Cableleafs.ca
Cable Leafs Consultancy Inc. reserves the right to only contact candidates who best qualify for this position. If your submission is not selected, we thank you for your application and will retain it for future opportunities